Monday, January 23, 2012

ART 210: Assignment 2 Logo Critiques

1. Pita Pit
I like the Pita Pit logo design however I think the colors could be better. Pita Pit is a food chain where a lot of college students and younger crowds go for lunch or dinner. I like the font of their logo because it is bold and gets the viewers attention. However, I like the font underneath their name logo because I think it's a fun font. I think the colors could be something brighter to get more people's attention. The primary red and boring green color doesn't do the logo much justice. I think if maybe they did a bright blue and mixed it with the red or some other colors besides the red, white and green. I think the colors take away from the logo.

2. Pinkberry
I love the pinkberry logo. I think it is fresh and clean but the font shows that they have a cute design. I like the pink swirl in front of the pinkberry name. I think that the pinkberry logo does bring in customers because it is cute but also looks professional. The pink swirl does not take away from the name but gives the logo an added touch to make it stand out.

3. Betsey Johnson
I used Betsey Johnson's logo because I came up with my JR Handbags idea as one of my logos. I love Betsey Johnson's logo because I think it describes her perfectly. The font is perfect because the buyer can still read it but it's also an edgy font which fits Betsey Johnson's style. Also, the Betsey Johnson lips at the end of the logo is her signature thing and she puts it on a lot of her bags. The pink font works well with Betsey Johnson's personality because she uses fun and bright colors in a lot of her designers and she tends to work with pink a lot. I love her logo and think it works well for her signature and unique style.


4. Tumblr
Tumblr is an online blogging website which I use frequently so I thought it would be perfect to write about. On tumblr you can blog anything, pictures, music, videos, and etc. However, I do not like the tumblr logo. Although it is an online blogging site and should be clean and easy to read I think the logo could look better. I like the font for this logo but I feel like it needs an image or a design next to it to make it stand out and be well known. There is nothing on the logo besides the name and the navy blue background is boring and dull and does not make the tumblr name stand out at all. I think maybe they could have picked a black background or another color that would really make the white font stand out.



5. Keller Williams 
I like the Keller Williams Realty logo. I really like the cursive KW on top of the red bold Keller Williams name. The KW adds a signature and classy look to the logo. Also, the red, bold font really stands out and catches a viewers attention. The font is easy to read so that way it can catch anyones attention. I think this logo does well for the Keller Williams business and I think it would bring in a lot of clients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment